Refficiency Holdings LLC is the parent to a family of energy efficiency companies providing engineering, mechanical, electrical, controls and ESG services for companies across sectors to solve the complex challenges of our client’s evolving needs.
The Technical Accounting Manager will work closely with the Corporate Controller to address relevant technical accounting and operational matters including revenue recognition, mergers and acquisition accounting, adoption of new accounting standards, support of finance operations in the application of U.S. GAAP, and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies.
- Our Culture – Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun.
- Paying it Forward –We contribute thousands of hours of volunteer service in our communities each year, and our companies act as conduits to help people get connected to the services opportunities that mean the most to them.
- Teaching and Learning – We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross-mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests, and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
- Mixing Business with Pleasure – We care passionately about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of excitement and discovery in everyone around us.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Serve as expert US GAAP resource, including preparation/review of technical accounting memos and analysis as needed
- Provide corporate oversight of company-wide revenue recognition, including reviews and approvals regarding contract/project level revenue recognition treatment.
- Support deal negotiations by serving as the revenue subject matter expert, collaborating with Sales, Legal, and Operations teams to review and evaluate the impact of draft contracts for revenue recognition.
- Oversee technical accounting related to any M&A activities, including purchase accounting and accounting policy alignment considerations. Own the integration of Revenue Accounting for new acquisitions from the creation of technical revenue policies to the integration and automation of revenue recognition.
- Oversee accounting of all equity related transactions and stock-based compensation plans, including the valuation, forecasting, recording, and reporting of stock-based compensation expense and related tax impact.
- Analyze new accounting guidance from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements. Implement and educate divisions of necessary changes and ensure proper disclosure.
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding technical accounting and financial reporting related deliverables.
- Assist with special projects and perform various other tasks and ad hoc analysis, as assigned.
- Minimum 6 years’ work experience in technical accounting roles within a mix of public accounting and publicly held company environments
- Experience in Engineering and Construction industry highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s preferred. CPA required.
- Strong people and project management skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication. Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives: foster collaboration and new ways to forge higher levels of teamwork within and between groups.
- Able to successfully multi-task the management and delivery of multiple complex projects with key stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and professionalism.
- Organize, analyze, and interpret data, records, and reports. Strong analytical skills and a problem solver