Yearout Mechanical is a New Mexico based company specializing in the installation of mechanical and process systems for the commercial, government, manufacturing and industrial communities of New Mexico and Texas. Since our incorporation in August of 1964, Yearout Mechanical has consistently grown and expanded its capabilities, reaching its present position as the premier mechanical contractor in New Mexico. Our mission is to be invaluable to our partners (clients, vendors, industry and employees) so they cannot imagine success without us, by providing comfortable, reliable and efficient mechanical systems that meet our partners’ needs.
Yearout Mechanical specializes in fast-track construction, design/build, and design/assist construction. We are a complete mechanical contractor; utilities, plumbing, process piping, wet and dry HVAC, mechanical insulation, refrigeration, sheet metal fabrication, pipe fabrication, prefabrication, preconstruction and BIM are all performed with our own personnel, this gives us an added advantage of coordinating and scheduling projects.
Start Up Coordinator
Yearout Mechanical, LLC
8501 Washington St. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
Pay and Benefits
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Project Equipment and System Start Up and QA/QC
REPORTS TO: Site Superintendent/ Project Manager / VP Operations
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Act as subject matter expert on HVAC, Plumbing and DDC systems start up and pre commissioning and overall BAS implementation
Summary/Objective: The Start Up Coordinator will be responsible for managing the schedule, manpower, and necessary resources needed to perform pre comminuting checklist, start up and functional testing of equipment and controls in relation to the Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) systems. The chosen candidate will be responsible for completing post project warranty service calls in addition to working on larger projects under the direction of the Project Management team.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Engage the project and equipment specifications on or before the 60% completion mark
- Be knowledgeable with various systems and components on specific project sites by reviewing equipment submittals, install location and general orientation.
- Be Proficient in DDC applications, functionality and operation
- Stay informed of new development/releases of information and apply to projects and processes as necessary
- Troubleshooting, testing and commissioning BMS & HVAC systems and electronics
- Reading and understanding plumbing, and mechanical plans including wiring diagrams
- Coordinating work with other trades (i.e.: Electricians, HVAC technicians, Controls contractors and Plumbers)
- Documenting work and procedures pre-commissioning, AND start up forms as necessary.
- Includes the creation of documents needed for any processes and procedures
- Properly addressing scheduling and job site coordination concerns
- Analyzing and correcting communication issues
- Work according to project timelines and required processes
- Work on construction sites and follow required safety measures
- Promptly and precisely respond in writing to scheduling and time delays.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service and Quality Control
- Aggressively manage progress to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Work closely with vendors (equipment suppliers), T&B Contractor, Commissioning agents, and facilities or owners representatives throughout the projects and to successful turn over.
- Define and assign as needed resources to ensure quality turn over to end user including facilitation of owner training.
- Report Progress and Guidance Actions to the designated Project Manager on routine basis
- Able to appraise and survey mechanical systems, modification and/or maintenance requirements and inform Yearout Service for potential ongoing maintenance contracts.
- Time management & Documentation
- In a timely fashion, prepare complete, “startup” paperwork for each piece of Yearout supplied equipment
- Create clear and concise reports, close out packets, and other required company or project specific paperwork; maintain written supportive information relative to delays, changes, special conditions and schedules.
- Able to plan and efficiently schedule appointments and manage personal time to assure goals are met.
- Customer Retention/ Maintenance Agreements Escalation
Know the Customer and understand market forces to effectively hand over maintenance objectives to Yearout Service designation representatives. Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution to assure resolution and maintain long-term positive relationships
Ensure installation of all Yearout Supplied equipment is accessible for routine maintenance and operation
- Overall Strategy
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, technicians and other outside agents.
- Ensure proper and complete operational and functionally turnover of Plumbing, HVAC and Controls systems provided my Yearout Mechanical and its affiliate Companies.
- Represent Yearout Mechanical and its subcontractors in a positive and reputable nature.