Yearout Mechanical is a New Mexico based company specializing in the installation of mechanical and process systems for the commercial, government, manufacturing and industrial communities of New Mexico and Texas. Since our incorporation in August of 1964, Yearout Mechanical has consistently grown and expanded its capabilities, reaching its present position as the premier mechanical contractor in New Mexico. Our mission is to be invaluable to our partners (clients, vendors, industry and employees) so they cannot imagine success without us, by providing comfortable, reliable and efficient mechanical systems that meet our partners’ needs.
Yearout Mechanical specializes in fast-track construction, design/build, and design/assist construction. We are a complete mechanical contractor; utilities, plumbing, process piping, wet and dry HVAC, mechanical insulation, refrigeration, sheet metal fabrication, pipe fabrication, prefabrication, preconstruction and BIM are all performed with our own personnel, this gives us an added advantage of coordinating and scheduling projects.
Service General Manager
Yearout Mechanical, LLC
8501 Washington St. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
Pay and Benefits
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Yearout Service provides a comprehensive range of HVAC/R services and solutions. Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) systems, equipment installation, preventative maintenance, controls and energy management are delivered through our expertly training and equipped service technicians. Mission critical reliability 24/7/365 is our primary focus. Our mission is to be invaluable to our partners (clients, vendors, industry and employees) so they cannot imagine success without us, by providing comfortable, reliable and efficient mechanical systems that meet our partners’ needs.
Meet planned growth, profit, maintenance base, and customer retention goals while redeeming customer obligations in a timely, cost-effective, world-class safety and quality manner.
Summary/Objective: Leads staff members who install, repair and maintain refrigeration, plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems in commercial buildings. Routinely works directly with service and install technicians, dispatch personnel and other managers to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives. Manages annual budget plan at Company approved pricing standards. Meet planned growth, profit, maintenance base, and customer retention goals while meeting customer obligations in a timely, cost-effective, world-class quality manner.
Summary of Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required and 10 years related mechanical construction/service experience.
- Safety:Promote and manage safe working environments. Direct and manage to Company Safety policies and procedures, make recommendations for change as needed. Work closely with Safety Director for any and all safety related topics.
- Annual Budget: Works with Company executives to set annual goals in, revenue, G&A costs, actual gross profit, maintenance base, and net income. Manages Service Department to meet or exceed these goals.
- Mechanical System Knowledge: Expertly understand mechanical systems in order to accurately appraise and inventory system components, evaluate general conditions, and recommend the best maintenance program. Recognize project opportunities and coordinate potential new business opportunities.
- Business Development:Recognize sales opportunities, cultivate partnerships or other relationships and identify new markets. Coordinate staff or other contractor personnel to provide solutions for your presentation to customer.
- External Relations: Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside agents. Communicates directly with customers, vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements. Effectively represent the company’s interests to outside agents to maximize profits.
- Expense Control: Develop and assure compliance with approved budget. Manage actual against goal.
- Management: Delegate, organize work of others by position description and procedures. Effectively audit performance of staff and follow-up. Develop and maintain work flow processes as they relate to sales and marking, dispatch and coordination, billing and collections, communication and documentation. Recommend appropriate personnel actions (i.e., hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, etc.).
- Training: Motivate and train Service administrative staff. Develop and implement programs to improve individual as well as group skills and performance. Research and recommend outside training opportunities by job role.
- Planning: Develop annual and three-year plan for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
- Maintenance Agreement Escalation & Salvage: Understand the customer and the market forces in order to effectively foresee price escalations. Promptly respond to notices of cancellation with a well-researched salvage plan.
- Assure compliance with company policies and laws.
- Sales Skills: Qualify sales staff prospects, guide in making effective sales presentations, answer questions from both staff and clients in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manage quotes to close sales. Train, direct, and evaluate sales force to achieve annual sales goals. Participate with the sales force in development and implementation of sales campaign, programs, and procedures. Provide direct sales assistance on key accounts.
- Customer Relations: Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- Sales Presentation Strategy: Understand the prospect’s organization and decision-making process. Anticipate and answer objections. Commit the prospect to a decision making timetable. Train, direct, and evaluate staff in the development and implementation of effective sales strategies.
- Time Management: Plan and effectively schedule appointments and manage time to assure maximum productivity.
- Surveys and Pricing: Appraise and survey mechanical systems, determine repair, modification, and/or maintenance requirements. Interpret drawings, equipment and job conditions. Establish pricing policy and properly apply pricing policy and the Yearout Service pricing systems.
- Credit and Collections: Understand and implement credit policy. Feedback information and observations to the Company to minimize risk exposure. Understand and implement collection policy and interface with the customer to resolve collection issues and assure prompt payment when appropriate.
- Documentation: Prepare complete, clear and concise reports, proposals, and required company paperwork; train, direct, and evaluate staff in the preparation of prompt, clear, concise, and complete paperwork and documentation.
- Work Force Utilization: Train, direct, and evaluate staff regarding all assignments to assure customer satisfaction and redemption of plan.
- Cash Flow: Monitor all billing to assure optimum cash flow. Expedite payments. Train, direct, and evaluate staff to assure optimum cash flow.
- Purchasing: Establish purchasing policy. Train, direct, evaluate, and assist staff to assure availability and lowest cost in purchasing. Participate, when appropriate, with operations in vendor selection, timely purchase, and delivery to assure prompt service.
- Monitoring: Continue to monitor performance against plan monthly. Take necessary action to resolve deficiencies. Establish quarterly review against plan.
- Continuous Recruitment: Promote professionalism, mastery of craft & pride to continually build and maintain a network of technicians with the Service manager keeping a source file of potential recruits.