The Senior Staff Engineer, Quality Assurance is a senior subject matter expert and a key leader responsible for quality assurance testing. She/He will own the testing process, methods, and artifacts. This position will report to the Senior Director, IT Engineering and Data. This is an enterprise-wide position that will support a family of companies including Gilbert, Yearout, VarcoMac, Retech Advisors, Therma, CMTA and BSH.
- Oversee and develop and execute test plans and test cases based on requirements and customer feedback., manage testing schedules.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate issues.
- Document and analyze test results, offer improvements to overall product quality.
- Collaborate with the development teams and business stakeholders on requirements, testing, defect fixes, and validation.
- Review and validate requirements and technical specifications.
- Supports, designs, develops, and enhances test processes and reporting.
- Mentors and provides training assistance to QA Engineers.
- Thorough working knowledge of software testing methodologies and the testing life cycle
- Good knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Zephir
- Solid understanding of ERP and integration principles and use cases
- Test automation and scripting
- Performance test design, scripting, execution, and result analysis
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to organize others
- A team player with flexibility and adaptability to changing and varied work assignments and settings
- Strong communication and documentation skills, oral and written, ability to create solid technical specifications and design documents
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions
- Works well with diverse distributed teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Likes solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate and motivated to provide excellent customer service and to build long-lasting customer relationships
Education and job experience
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of integration testing experience
- 3+ years of ERP testing experience
- Familiarity with test automation is a plus
- Performance and scalability testing experience is a plus
Therma Holdings and Gilbert Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or sex.