The Senior Staff Engineer, Master Data Management is a senior technical subject matter expert and a key leader on technical decisions around design, implementation, and delivery of initiatives and enhancements Refficiency MDM platform. She/He will own the design, execution, and support of technical projects and initiatives tied to one or more Master Data Management data subject areas. This position will report to the Senior Director, IT Engineering and Data. This is an enterprise-wide role that will support a family of companies including Gilbert, Yearout, VarcoMac, Retech Advisors, Therma, CMTA and BSH.
- Responsible for project estimation, technical design, delivery, and deployment of MDM deliverables and capabilities that support broader enterprise portfolios.
- Ensure that solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, best technical practices, and guidelines.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected technical solutions that best leverage the capabilities of our selected platforms (currently IFS and Boomi) to ensure the best industrial MDM practices
- Provide technical leadership and direction to a team of internal and contract developers in an Enterprise Production Support environment
- Work closely with engineering managers, development teams, operational system owners, architects, and key stakeholders to translate requirements related to master data needs into robust solutions.
- Curate project and system documentation
- Stay current with emerging business and technology trends.
- Understand the modern MDM industry and technology best practices
- Proficient in configuring and building match-merge routines and rules on the MDM platform.
- Good knowledge of RDMBS and SQL
- Strong understanding of modern solution architecture principles and practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS platforms in general with the good knowledge of Microsoft Azure ecosystem (Azure SQL, Azure VMs, Azure API management, etc.)
- Good knowledge of modern integration platforms such as Boomi, MuleSoft, or similar
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to organize others
- Exhibiting flexibility and adaptability to changing and varied work assignments and settings
- Strong communication and documentation skills, oral and written, ability to create solid technical specifications and design documents
- Ability to decipher technical data and explain it to business users
- Can prioritize workload and execute tasks accordingly and in line with industry best practices
- Works well with diverse distributed teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Likes solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate and motivated to provide excellent customer service and to build long-lasting customer relationships
Education and job experience
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 5+ years of data engineering experience, with hands-on experience implementing operational and analytical MDM
- Experience leading teams on global implementation of large-scale MDM and data integration projects. Minimally 2 implementations were performed in a lead role
- Experience building batch and real-time integrations between leading ERP/CRM systems and MDM platforms.
- Experience building Data Access layer for downstream consumption
- Any relevant industrial certification is a plus
- Production Support leadership experience is a plus
- Development experience with cloud MDM platforms (SaaS) is a plus
Therma Holdings and Gilbert Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or sex.