Refficiency Holdings LLC is the parent to a family of energy efficiency companies providing engineering, mechanical, electrical, controls and ESG services for companies across sectors to solve the complex challenges of our client’s evolving needs.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will work closely with the Corporate Accounting Manager to assist in the day-to-day accounting responsibilities. The Senior Corporate Accountant will be a key member of the accounting team that will be responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting and general accounting activities including journal entries and general ledger analysis.
- Our Culture – Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun.
- Paying it Forward –We contribute thousands of hours of volunteer service in our communities each year, and our companies act as conduits to help people get connected to the services opportunities that mean the most to them.
- Teaching and Learning – We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross-mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests, and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
- Mixing Business with Pleasure – We care passionately about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of excitement and discovery in everyone around us.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Drive monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
- Prepare account analysis schedules including rollforward, variance, and trend analysis to identify discrepancies to resolve and confirm accuracy of account balances for financial close process.
- Prepare or review journal entries for accuracy and evaluate accounting classifications in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ensure supporting documentation is maintained and all transactions are recorded in a timely manner including proper recording of accruals and reserves
- Prepare accurate documentation and respond timely to audit inquiries for annual audit
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting policies/ accounting standards, in addition to monitoring the adherence to existing accounting policies
- Assist in evaluating, recommending, maintaining and monitoring appropriate internal controls and procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in Engineering and Construction industry highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA required
- Strong people and project management skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude that takes initiative and drives results
- Good communicator who openly collaborates and builds trust and relationships with team and others
- Critical thinking skills to solve problems and identify opportunities in process, systems, and team
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate user level of Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivot tables, macros, etc.) and proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and professionalism.