JOB SUMMARY: Working under the Director of IT Operations, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for supporting Gilbert’s users as well as contributing to projects, items and tasks assigned to them, either independently and as a member of the IT group. This includes meeting Gilbert’s users’ requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing systems and contributions to new technical solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Support and System Vendor Management
- Work with in-house staff as well as outsourced service and hardware vendors on technical support issues to ensure minimal downtime and disruption
- Assist in maintaining, updating, inventorying and troubleshooting (both onsite and remotely), approximately 500 devices to include servers, network hardware, desktop computers, laptops and mobile devices
- Provide first-level support to customer service requests.
- Assisting with network administration tasks
- Installing new hardware and software components
- Escalate complex support requests to relevant IT staffs for resolutions.
- Report system downtime and performance issues to Manager.
- Work in compliance with department safety and quality standards.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure system reliability, scalability, security, integrity and performance.
- Handle customer support calls in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES and EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience within the information technology field, including but not limited to PC and mobile device support
- You should have in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies.
- Experience with the following Technologies:
- Dell Desktops and Laptops
- Microsoft Active Directory, O365, Teams, Office, Exchange Online, Sharepoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD, REVIT, NavisWorks, BIM Collaborate Pro, Bluebeam
- Apple and Android Tablets and Phones
Additional Optional Qualifications
- Excellent problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Efficient troubleshooting
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Good communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Experience with the following Technologies preferred:
- Mobile device encryption implementation and management
- ShoreTel phone system experience
- IP Security Camera and video recording server experience
- Cisco Networking (routers, firewalls, switches, access points)
- Sage 300 maintenance and administration
- Trimble FabShop
Gilbert Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or sex.