VarcoMac is seeking a talented individual for the position of Electrical Estimator for the Service Department. We require candidates for this position to be detail oriented with a high level of understanding in the commercial electrical industry. Candidates must be very well organized with the ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining an accurate estimate output. This position will report to the Chief Estimator and will become part of a successful estimating team that performs a critical function of our business.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Retrieve and manage project documents from client sites for specific projects assigned.
- Attend jobsite walks where necessary, determine existing conditions, evaluate project specific conditions that impact labor, materials, or other project costs.
- Review, evaluate, track, and manage all plans, specifications, addenda, RFI’s, contractor scopes, and other relevant documents that are incorporated into an eventual contract.
- Assemble and distribute vendor bid packages and provide reasonable deadlines that coincide with bid preparation.
- Prepare take-offs of plans, specifications, and other relevant documents for input to our estimating software.
- Verify commodity pricing during the assemblance of estimates.
- Assemble scope letters and matrices with necessary clarifications and/or assumptions.
- Participate in communicating with client teams to verify the project requirements.
- Participate in project sales and hand-off meetings with the Project Management team.
- Follow up on prior submitted bids and pricing.
- Maintain and grow VarcoMac’s business relationships with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and other market partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with web-based document repositories regularly used by general contractors and other industry professionals.
- Use of ConEst estimating software or other computer estimating software in which similar skills apply.
- Strong communication skills.
- Background in electrical estimating for comparable contractors in the DC Metro market.
- Proficient utilization of the Microsoft Windows based environment including the Microsoft Office Suite for productivity (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related curriculum or a combination of field and estimating experience.
- Minimum 2 years estimating experience in electrical construction.
- Experience in ConEst or other like estimating software.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Therma Holdings is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Health and Welfare Benefits:
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance