Therma Holdings LLC is looking for an Associate, M&A and Strategy to help source, evaluate, and execute on opportunities for growth through acquisitions. Reporting to the Director, M&A and Strategy, this person will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and potential targets and will play a critical role in M&A transactions.
The Associate, M&A and Strategy is responsible for a wide range of strategic and M&A initiatives, including building and maintaining relationships with acquisition targets, leading M&A processes from strategy development and target screening through valuation, negotiation, due diligence, and post-merger integration.
This role’s ideal candidate will be a self-starter, strategic-minded, a strong team player (no job is too small or too large mentality), and have an outstanding work ethic. This role requires strong communication, diplomacy, organization, and the ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of information.
Enhance and accelerate the M&A process from business case development, sourcing, BoD review, negotiation, deal closing, and integration.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a robust pipeline of acquisition targets through networking with business owners, investment bankers, leveraging the relationships of company members, the BoD, and advisors
- Initial screening and evaluation of M&A opportunities
- Deal-related analysis, including due diligence, financial modeling, deal structuring, and negotiations
- Manage the delivery of timely, well triangulated analysis, including coordination with third-party advisors
- Develop presentations for senior executives and BoD to drive internal decision-making processes
- Lead transition from deal execution to integration
- Define and help execute the strategic planning process for the enterprise, including strategic planning, and strategy development
- Provide analytical point support on critical questions in the business
- Analyze strategic markets and provide intelligence to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years of experience working in investment banking, private equity, or corporate development at a highly acquisitive public or private equity-backed company
- The ability to build consensus, simplify the complex and develop clear communication and presentation materials to a variety of audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (ability to quickly establish rapport, lead and collaborate on cross-functional teams, reliable)
- Strong communication skills leveraged in writing documents, presentations, and debating strategic alternatives
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Self-motivated individual who can easily function in high demand, performance-driven environment
- Accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel
- Be highly motivated and possess a strategic mindset and enthusiasm
- Be team-oriented, recognize the accomplishments of others before the individual
- Bay Area – Headquartered in San Jose
- Work from home flexibility 1-3 days per week
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time
- Base Salary: $115 – 135k
- Annual Bonus: 20 – 40% of Base Salary
- Transaction Bonus for each Closed Acquisition
Therma Holdings LLC is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
For more information on Therma Holdings LLC, please visit www.thermaholdings.com.
Health and Welfare Benefits:
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance