Yearout Mechanical is a New Mexico based company specializing in the installation of mechanical and process systems for the commercial, government, manufacturing and industrial communities of New Mexico and Texas. Since our incorporation in August of 1964, Yearout Mechanical has consistently grown and expanded its capabilities, reaching its present position as the premier mechanical contractor in New Mexico. Our mission is to be invaluable to our partners (clients, vendors, industry and employees) so they cannot imagine success without us, by providing comfortable, reliable and efficient mechanical systems that meet our partners’ needs.
Yearout Mechanical specializes in fast-track construction, design/build, and design/assist construction. We are a complete mechanical contractor; utilities, plumbing, process piping, wet and dry HVAC, mechanical insulation, refrigeration, sheet metal fabrication, pipe fabrication, prefabrication, preconstruction and BIM are all performed with our own personnel, this gives us an added advantage of coordinating and scheduling projects.
Mechanical Design Build Manager
Yearout Mechanical, LLC
8501 Washington St. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
Pay and Benefits
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Summary of Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years construction experience; specifically plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Generate and present conceptual pricing for design build / assist opportunities.
- Develop and select mechanical and plumbing systems appropriate for project type and budget.
- Provide guidance and justifications for system selections and appropriate load sizing of mechanical and plumbing equipment utilizing industry standard software and / or generally recognized calculation methods.
- Develop and submit proposal, clarifications, and any other supporting documentation required.
- Direct and manage design-build and design-assist activities for awarded projects until projects are turned over to operations
- Direct and manage estimator assignments in support of design build cost efforts
- Oversee estimates on projects, both design build / assist and hard bid.
- Liaison with owners, architects, engineers and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility
- Maintain liaison with owners, architects, engineer’s subcontractors and suppliers, to facilitate development of designs within budgetary constraints
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key client and design community personnel that will provide more opportunity for project involvement and the opportunity for future work.
- Continuous improvement and implementation of best practices in estimating, system and material selections, and design build management services.
- Generate & present value engineering concepts to design teams for consideration as alternatives to the project stated design direction.
- Support construction activities at project hand-off to operations and during critical junctures after hand-off to assist projects are built on schedule and within budget
- Evaluate and recommend changes or improvements to current and future technologies required to meet the growing needs of the company.
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Have an advanced understanding with MS Office Suite and MS 365.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and visit construction project sites.